Sunday, March 20, 2011

Isabelle Pasco 1988--The French Film, Roselyne and the Lions




How about that Thomas!!!!!! I assume this is now your new best tiger trainer of all time. LOL




Does anyone know who's lions were used for this movie or anything else about the movie? I noticed an "arched top" arena like what Court and Clubb are noted for.




I tell you what folks, if this had been the costume Rex and Eva Williams' daughter Darlene Williams worn for "Water For Elephants" I could promise a box office blockbuster, sold out in advance, lines around the block, Academy Award shoe in for Best Costume Design even before it opens. Nuff said.....................

5 comments:

Sam said...

The animals were trained and supplied by Thierry Le Portier

Wade G. Burck said...

Rob said...

The animals for the movie Roselyne et les lions ,were
trained by Thierry Le Portier.

Rob.

Wade G. Burck said...

Sam and Rob,
Thank you. My brother Michael worked for Thierry for a short time, just after he stopped filming the Fort Boyard tv show. If I recall it was a short lived association. The Frog didn't want the Yank telling him what to do, and the Yank felt the feelings were mutual towards the Frog. LOL
Wade

Anonymous said...

Mr. Burck,
Who is Thierry Le Portier was he a trainer in the circus. From what country do you know. I have not herd of him before.
Jason

Wade G. Burck said...

Jason,
What I know of Thierry Le Portier is that he is a major supplier of movie/film animals from France. I don't know if he ever did any work in the circus. When Universoul circus was just starting out they had a black female trainer on the show named Monique. The lions she used, I heard at the time were from Thierry Le Portier, but I am not sure. Maybe Sam or Rob can tell you more about him.
Wade